Sunday, September 9, 2018

Meet Dandy

I bought a Beta on Friday.  I've christened him "Dandy".  He really likes mosquito larvae.  I really like that about him.  He resides in this vase that came from a display of grief and gladiolas that was sent by someone to my mother's funeral (1993).  It's been out on my deck table all summer; a home to aquarium plants in need of a second chance.  The mosquitoes (and other bugs with aquatic larval stages) have found it irresistible as an incubator for their young.  Up until Friday, I was using it as a source of live victuals for my other fish.  When he entered it, it offered quite a banquet!  Dandy must have felt like he'd won the lottery--you know, in that fish sort of consciousness way that can only hold a thought for 10 seconds and has no memory.  Dandy does seem to be very happy for a fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment