Sunday, January 14, 2018

National Aquarium: Introduction

 My first visit to the National Aquarium was back in 1995 when I took my class of 4th graders there on a field trip during my first year of living here in Takoma Park.  My second time was in 1998 when my ex- and I took his grandmother there during one of our monthly outings with dear Marie.  I enjoyed the first one sorta by spent more time chasing down students and chaperones.  I remember thinking after the second visit that the place looked shabby.  In the intervening 20 years, the National Aquarium has renovated it's original building to point that I can hardly recognize it, added the Glass Pavilion building and added to the Pier 4 structure.  The place I recognized best was the Dolphin pool.

It was such a pleasant surprise.  I am excited to share my visit.  All of the photos are mine with one exception, and I will point that out in that post.
A great quote from a personal idol of mine.  One of many displayed by various conservationists throughout the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment