Monday, January 15, 2018

National Aquarium: Atlantic Coast Reef

Okay, let's size up the day.  I have been here for over 3 hours, and I'm not the least bored.  On the contrary, I am nearly over-satiated.  My brain hearts with all of the amazing things I've seen.  My heart is full of wonder and my curiosity quotient is brimming.  But I can see that I've left the tower and am now heading down.  Down toward some exit and a chance to rest and reflect...

But no.  What is this?  I'm suddenly in a room that is the shape of a race track and nearly as large.  On all sides I am invited to look down into an oval aquarium, and then tempted to descend further on a slanted walkway down the middle.  What is this place?  I am almost too tired of wonder to care.

It is the three level (13 foot) deep Atlantic Reef Aquarium that encircles my route out.  335,000 gallons of salt water and nearly 1,000 inhabitants who present on ever side of me and challenge my senses and my sense of wonder all over again.  Pity it is so dark, and I am such a bad photographer, but I trust you will still get the basic idea of the place.






No comments:

Post a Comment