Saturday, January 13, 2018

Adventure Aquarium in Camden, New Jersey #1 out of 6

Last Sunday, (January 7th) was bitterly cold on the east coast and no time to be outside, but I was jonesing for an animal experience.  I had also long had my eye on the Adventure Aquarium
in Camden, New Jersey.  Less then two hours from my home It seemed like a good idea.  Having long thought about, I have also long studied it's charms: 1) Largest Collection of Sharks on the East Coast, 2) Home to a pair of Hippopotamus, 3) Home to a colonies of Black-footed African Penguins AND Little Blue Penguins from Australia, 4) A new Amazon River exhibition called "Piranha Falls". The hype sold me.  And most of it didn't disappoint...
My first view of a frozen Philadelphia!
Even though parking was convenient, but the time I got to the ticket booths, my ears were like ice!--painfully cold.  Made getting inside so nice.  The foyer is on a lower level and you immediately go up a tall floor to the exhibitions.  But first you are in the cafe and so have to choose a direction.  On the map the red is the cafe and gift shop which together divide the attractions and are inevitable places to visit...who ever thunk this up wasn't dumb...  I chose to start with the Hippo Haven.
 The habitat created for the two female Hippopotamuses, Ginny and Buttons, is spacious and enables visitors to experience these magnificent animals from many vantage points.

 Not since Disney's "Fantasia" have I experienced such amazing and graceful movements of Hippopotamus!  Ginny and Buttons are superstars in my book!




Nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment