Saturday, July 25, 2026

Jasper Crane Rose Garden, Wilmington, DE

Near to the Brandywine Zoo, and part of the park in which the zoo sits, is a lovely little Rose Garden.  The Park skirts the Brandywine River and was originally laid out by the progenitor of Urban Park Design, Frederick Law Olmsted.  The Rose Garden was added later, along with other elements like the iconic Josephine Fountain.





The Rose Garden also features a fountain.  It was added by the Friends of Wilmington Parks which coordinates the upkeep of the garden in 2013 as a general gift to the citizens of Wilmington, Delaware.



I have visited this garden many times before.  On this occasion the proliferation of Rose blooms was scant by comparison.  I am such a rose enthusiast to understand the blossom cycles of Roses during the Spring-Summer-Autumn season.  I did notice that there were lots of buds to suggest a better time for a photo shoot might be in the not too distant future.  Yet, you can see, there were still some lovely flowers to be enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment