Monday, July 27, 2026

Delaware Art Museum: My Chosen Exhibition

 I'm intimately familiar with a few art museums having visited them many, many times.  The National Gallery of Art, The Phillips Collection, The Baltimore Museum of Art, the Walters Collection, The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and the Delaware Art Museum, for example.  Many times the impetus is a special exhibition.  But sometimes, I just want to go and rest among the art.

One of the things I occasionally do is just pick a theme, a genre of art, and wander stopping at paintings that fit my theme.  During this visit, I chose landscapes.  Here are four that I spent time with on this visit to the Delaware Art Museum.

"Landscape," 1884
Henry Lea Tatnall (1829 - 1885)

"Morning on the River, Providence, R. I.," circa 1890 - 1891
Edward Mitchell Bannister (1828 - 1901)

"Trout Brook, Catskills," 1875
John Frederick Kensett (1816 - 1872)

"Four O'clock Train," circa 1940 - 1941
John W. McCoy (1910 - 1989)

No comments:

Post a Comment