Friday, July 1, 2022

My Little Garden Zoo: 2022 ZONE 1) Australia & Oceania

I was just thinking about how this little seasonal distraction of mine is now entering its ninth year. I've learned that it is impossible to create a "zoo" where all of my animal figures can be on display. So now each year I make choices in the hopes of created a balanced and interesting display.

This year 92 species made the cut.  This is only about 60% of my growing collection.  I've arranged them in my mind into 8 zones.

1) Australia & Oceania
2) South & Central America
3) North American and Caribbean
4) The Arctic ring
5) Europe
6) Asia
7) Africa
8) Antarctica

I will share them in posts by zone.  Zone 1 focuses on Australia, New Zealand and the island of the Pacific Ocean, and by extension Papua-New Guinea and nearby islands.  I have 9 species on display, and 9 others not.  Those NOT out this year include: Dingo, Sulphur Cockatoo, Australian Green Tree Frog, Southern Cassowary, Possum, Platypus, Common Wombat, Numbat, and two species of Tree Kangaroo (Matschie's and Lumholtz's).  

Zone 1 Animals
CENTRAL BEARDED DRAGON, Pogona vitticeps

EASTERN BARRED BANDICOOT, Perameles gunnii

EASTERN GREY KANGAROO, Macropus giganteus

EASTERN QUOLL, Dasyurus viverrinus

KOALA, Phascolarctos cinereus

QUOKKA, Setonix brachyurus

SHORT-BEAKED ECHIDNA, Trachyglossus aculeatus

TASMANIAN DEVIL, Sarcophilus harrisii

YELLOW-FOOTED ROCK WALLABY, Petrogale xanthropus










No comments:

Post a Comment