Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Deck Gardens = Little Garden Zoo

No visit of my deck's container gardens would be complete without a few snapshots from some of the many members of My Little Garden Zoo.  Guests to my little zoo will experience a wide variety of animals covering many of the major genera of mammals from all five continuent.  I never bring out more than a fraction of my total collection that now includes well over 200 species.  I began my collection a mere 8 years ago after a chance encounter at a local toy shop with the amazing figurines of the the German company Schleich.  Later I expanded to include animals made by other companies so long as the scale was comparable.  There include: France's Papo, Hong Kong's CollectA and Mojo brands, In the US, Safari Ltd, and also in Germany, Bullyland.

Presently I have around 45 different species on display.  Everything from Common Wombats and North American Wolverines to Chimpanzees and Cobras!  Both African and Asian Elephants, and Amur Tigers and Amur Leopards.  There's even a Burmese Mountain Tortoise for the hardcore herpetologist.  Here a few of the others, enjoy.
 Black & White Ruffed Lemurs
 Scimitar-horned Oryx
Slender-tailed Meerkats 
 Reticulated Giraffe
 North American Gray Wolves
Bornean Orangutans 
Giant Panda 
 Giant Anteater
Moose 
 African Wild Painted Dogs
 Chamois
 Gnu
Common Hippopotamus

No comments:

Post a Comment